cyanism

Friday, October 07, 2005

homage to those who's been suffering


1.10.2005
Just minutes after it blew up, I was in the taxi with my friends when my dear brother called,"Dek,there's bombs in Bali. One in Kuta Square,one in Jimbaran". My first response was,"My Godness! two in a night?". Then my bro just told me to stay calm and sms my host family in Bali,just to make sure they're ok. Turned out they are.
After I've told my friend,their first reaction was:
A : I bet it's the JI! The government is not lenient enough to them! They should sent some intels to tap in JI's movement..bla bla
He also generated some theories,one includes Malaysian ex-prime minister ("His son is Azahari's classmate..bla..bla..bla..) and some others theories,which quite rational.
B: Oh my god! Is it true?
Then he started to sms his pals. He pointed out that most ticket and hotel bookings will be cancelled,especially the ones from Australia and Japan. He works in the department of culture and tourism.
The last guy was Pakistani,He was curious about Indonesian gobernment and popped some political questions.

While I was flashing back....

2002
10 minutes...
If I stayed 10 minutes more in Kuta that Saturday night,you won't be reading this post.
I was there,so I knew how crowded that place was. I was chaperoning some high school girl,they begged for me to stay longer,but I promised their parents that I'll take their daughters back on time.
Turned out 10 minutes made them back in whole,safe and sound.
The local tv showed everything,un-edited that sunday morning.
People queued around Sanglah hospital on the next days.
Some to identify the remain of their relatives,
some just to see parts of bodies scattered in boxes.
Weeks,
months after that...
I've met people who complains about their job loss...and how the bombs impact on hotel occupancy.

Ah,
why we mortals hurt each others?

1 Comments:

  • What can I say, it's a pretty fucked-up world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



adopt your own virtual pet!