cyanism

Thursday, September 01, 2005

september nan ceria


Since september 1998,I've always got goosebumps. Not really a nice kind of goosebumps,but the scary kind,everytime i hear the "September Ceria" song from Vina. Why? Because that song has permeated in my brain ever since i experience mata seni. Or you can say hazing a la IKJ.
My past campus has quite a reputation for this mata seni. It's a tradition,indeed,and still being done as you read. Mind you, i'm not 100% against it,because it gets softer and milder every year. I've heard that they don't use physical contact anymore.
Really,eventhough it's not a sweet memory. I still can't believe that i've survived it. ( Well, it was compulsary for socializing with everyone,especially the seniors back then) First time in my life i got slapped ( on the face that is) by strangers, got stripsearched (again by strangers,luckily they're all women), heared every obnoxious,super-rude swearing words every minutes (most IKJers swears A LOT, apparently), squat walk hourly, ate lunch from my fellows knee length socks ( don't ask), and other bizarre stuff they can even think of. Some of them are hilarious and well-thought though, so i learn to appreciate their efforts.
Turned out it wasn't so bad afterall....that week, and the rest of 4 years there has mold me in to a rather though person. More durable in life.
Nah, nona cyan has taken part in Mata Seni or Penerimaan Siswa baru, but always take the nice senior role. I dunno, i don't have any revenge intention towards my juniors. To me they are simply new friends who needs extra guidance. In addition,arranging those kind of things is very-very TIRING!! I can't believe those siepam ("the bad guy role") still got energy to scold,mock,yell or drag 7 days in a row.
Last week, when i went to NUS (National University of Singapore) I saw a line up. Oh my goodness....there's still hazing!
What the seniors made them do? chew gum under a cop's nose? I've found it amusing...because Singapore is such a controlled clean environment,unlike IKJ,which was chaotic and shabby.

5 Comments:

  • met belajar berti... klo udh balik jgn lupa ngajar yah...

    By Blogger saut, at 4:57 PM  

  • ajarin aku dong... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM  

  • hore! hore! hore...hore... ho.....
    gembel naik kelas dipotret gubernur.....

    debur ombak juga jangan dilupa...

    plus godeamus igitur nya...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 AM  

  • do u have the song (mp3) by any chance????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

  • nitip, sapa tau perlu.

    http://dreddzeist.blogspot.com/2005/07/agama-yang-gersang-refuse-it.html
    http://dreddzeist.blogspot.com/2005/07/human-is-god-inhuman-predator.html

    nikk :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



adopt your own virtual pet!