cyanism

Monday, November 15, 2004

cole porterian

I had been waiting for the right time to watch "De-lovely". This afternoon seemed perfect,and it was ! Such a superb combination of music, costume, acting and style!

"stunning sophistication" so to speak...
Eventhough the song " de-lovely" is used as the title of the movie,there's one song that really-really embrace me. I love that song since High School, when i heard Chicago big band played it. (Thanks to Catrin,for introduced me to them)
the song is : Night and Day
such a simple song and never fails to make me happy.

Night and day,
you are the one;
Only you beneath the moon,
under the sun.
Whether near to me or far,
It's no matter darlin', where you are;
I think of you, night and day.

Night and day, why's it so,
That this longing for you, follows wherever i go.
In the roaring traffic's boom;
In the silence of my lonely room;
I think of you, night and day.

Night and day, under the hide of me,
There's an old, such a hungry yearning,
burning inside of me;
And this torment won't be through,
Till you let me spend my life making love to you;
Day and night, night and day

In that movie, Cole Porter helps a young actor to sing it.
"don't worry about the note
just imagine you're in love and sing it"

let's sing folks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



adopt your own virtual pet!