cyanism

Saturday, February 25, 2006

excitedly waiting for Mr. Pat


I've been an avid jazz listener since primary school (yea,i'm THAT geeky).My first ever CD was "Brazil" from Manhattan Transfer,but I've donated it to my cousin *regret that a bit* While all my friends were crazy about NKOTB,I was too,but still keeping my sanity with Ritenour and Gershwin.
So when I heard about Java Jazz is coming to Jakarta...all i can do was weep... bad timing for now. The line up sounds enticing : Lee Ritenour, Mezzoforte, Bob James, well have already saw them,but more live shows won't hurt my jazz-lovin-ear. I surely miss Patti Austin, The Brand New Heavies and Kirk Whalum.

However, Thank Goodness...Esplanade will be having mosaic music festival! Well, it won't be all about jazz,(and the prices are quite dear) but PAT METHENY will be playing! yea yea yeaaa! His works are amazingly good,up until now I still can't decide which album should i buy...most of my friends are advising to buy We Live Here . Humm..since lime wire has provided me down load access to this album...have to consider buying another one.

Man....a guy who can play guitar THIS GOOD is just too heavenly to be true and definitely worth to watch!
*if he can photograph too..that'd be a berry-nice addition :P*

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, have been a fan for 20 yrs. First saw him at Smith College. GF's bro turned me on to him. Personal favorite is American Garage. Tho there are many good ones. ECM procduces high quality music but disappointingly high prices too. Do you listen to Rippingtons? That is really good too - Topaz is an excellent cd. CHA,CHA for now

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 PM  

  • Anonymous : American Garage? I was thinking about buying his 99-00, for the sake of the CD cover design.

    Arief : on 11? So far I've already bought shows for 12, 15,16,and 17..

    humm...your office sounds like a jam studio..

    By Blogger nona cyan, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



adopt your own virtual pet!